wellness in a mug
This is a variation on "Golden Milk" or the "Turmeric Latte" made with ingredients you probably have in your store cupboard. Turmeric is a wonderful medicinal spice that boosts immunity, is a powerful antioxident and reduces inflammation. Turmeric's healing properties come from its bioactive compounds, the most important being curcumin. Curcumin has been proven effective improving brain function, preventing cancer and heart disease and treating alzheimer's and depression. Turmeric Latte's have become very popular in the wellness world and offer a wonderfully warming alternative to coffee or other hot drinks.
For me a warming cup of turmeric tea in the morning is a ritual I can't live without.
1 rounded tsp of organic turmeric powder
1 grind of black pepper (to help with arbsorption of curcumin)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
1 tsp of honey or a few drops of stevia
Vit D drops
250 ml hot water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a cup or mug
- Pour in hot water and mix well
- Stir in the honey or sweetner
- Top up with almond milk. You can heat the almond milk or leave it cool. More milk and less water will create more of the traditional latte as opposed to a tea.
- I top my tea with a few vit D drops and a sprinkle of cinnamon.